Sunday, October 25, 2009

BURN IT ALL DOWN!

Burning Life-Jungo - Cinderell...Time for the final curtain call! As the Burning Life 2009 Festival draws to close this weekend, the final "burning" events have been taking place before "POOF" everything is gone until next year. The temple is ready to be burned down. Cinderella and I were in attendance for the epic burning of the temple and it was an unforgettable visual that is seared into my memory, even though I wasn't technically there, Cinderella was. I have never seen anything like it even in real life! A building burst and was engulfed into flames in a virtual world, and that just makes it all the more amazingly cool.

Burning Life-Jungo - Cinderell...One minute the temple is visually in front of me and the next it's a fireball of red, yellow, and orange and then reduced to tiny pieces. Everyone was cheering in the wake of the destruction of this beautiful temple, a pack of pyromaniacs, encouraging the fire to keep burning the temple to the ground. It was really a sight to see as certain parts of the temple would burn and then it would switch to another section, and then the whole place would light up again. All avatars that were there were yelling, dancing and having a great time and being rowdy. There was even a avatar that was on fire literally! The sight was just unforgettable!

Burning Life-Jungo - Cinderell...
As the temple was reduced to ash, it symbolizes the end of the Burning Life Festival in Second Life. The week long festival will vanish now until next year when the "burning" starts again and avatars get revved up for another week of astonishing events. Cinderella now has to retire her burning hat and store it in inventory for next year's festival when it can be worn again. Cinderella and I will both miss Burning Life. Goodbye until next year!

4 comments:

  1. You're scaring me my friend... at one point in the first paragraph, you say, "Cinderella and I,"but by the end you are referencing your avatar as yourself! How far does this go?!

    Just something to think about, how you view your avatar in comparison to yourself.

    Elliot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are so cool! I wasn't able to go to a burning life event because I instead went to a Halloween Village but I wish I could have went because it looked like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic photos! I will feature at least one of them in my "Best of BL 2009: Students' Views" and send it out to the e-lists for educators.

    The blog has a good hook at the start. It made me want to keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the title. BURN IT ALL DOWN! it is a good hook, and this is exactly what is needed to keep a reader keep reading.

    Again whether or not you should change the Cinderella and I, that is up to you. you have to decide if you are that into your avatar.

    ReplyDelete